ERW Pipe API 5L X60
ERW pipes are manufactured from the longitudinal welding of steel. The welding process for ERW pipes is continuous as opposed to welding of distinct sections at intervals. ERW process uses steel coil as feed stock. Inspection: Hydrostatic testing, ultrasonic testing, eddy current testing,...
ERW pipes are manufactured from the longitudinal welding of steel. The welding process for ERW pipes is continuous as opposed to welding of distinct sections at intervals. ERW process uses steel coil as feed stock.
Inspection: Hydrostatic testing, ultrasonic testing, eddy current testing, magnetic particle testing,impact testing,hardness testing,etc.;
Application: Petroleum, chemical, electric power, water, construction, pipelines, etc.
Welded Pipe vs. Seamless Pipe
It’s a debate that’s been around for a long time, and it’s still going strong today.
So when your next project arrives, what side of the debate will you fall on? Will you choose a welded steel pipe, a welded carbon pipe? Or will you go with one of their seamless counterparts?
Here are some of the advantages of both types of pipes to help you make your decision.
Advantages Of Welded
· Welded pipes are typically more cost effective than their seamless equivalents.
· Welded pipes are usually more readily available than seamless. The longer lead time required for seamless pipes can not only make timing problematic, but it also allows more time for the price of the materials to fluctuate.
· The wall thickness of welded pipes is generally more consistent than that of seamless pipes.
· The internal surface of welded tubes can be checked before manufacturing, which isn’t possible with seamless.
Advantages Of Seamless
· The main perceived advantage of seamless pipes is that they don’t have a weld seam. Traditionally, the seam of welded pipes has been viewed as a weak spot, vulnerable to failure and corrosion. For many years, this fear was probably justified. However, in recent years improvements in the manufacturing process for welded steel pipes and other welded pipes have boosted the strength and performance of the weld seam to levels indistinguishable from that of the rest of the pipe.
· Seamless pipes provide peace of mind. Although there should be no issues with the seams of welded pipes supplied by reputable manufacturers, seamless pipes prevent any possibility of a weak seam.
· Seamless pipes have better ovality, or roundness, than welded pipes.
Get Welded Or Seamless For Your Next Project
Need more help deciding between welded and seamless? Contact us so we can help you determine the needs of your project. We have a large inventory of welded carbon pipes, steel pipes and more, as well as an equally robust selection of their seamless counterparts.
We can produce API 5L ERW pipes, The steel grade is from X42 ,X52, X60 to X70. PSL1 and PSL2, sour service are available.
Sizes: 2 3/8” – 26” outer diameter (OD), Wallthickness: 2-18mm
End Finishing: Plain-end or beveled (PEB) for welding. Threading and coupling
Surface: Oiled, black painted or varnish, galvanized, 3PE,FBE, or other epoxy coating
Packing: Standard export, in bulk / bundles / nylon fabric bags with seaworthy packing;
or according to customers' requestments.
Coating/Overlay Options: Fusion Bonded Epoxy, TGF-3, Power Crete / Abrasion-resistant overlay (ARO), and other customer-specific coatings
Delivery Time: 1. 20-45 days after received deposit or confirmed L/C for normal pipe.
Payment term: 1. T/T: 30% T/T advance, 70% balance copy of B/L
2. L/C: at sight
3. T/T and L/C: 30% T/T advance, 70% L/C